Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L76 Exhaust Upgrade

Lemon

stig
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder 6.0 SS Ute M6
Just wondering what you all think the best exhaust system is for power increase, better fuel economy and a better sound for the new L76 and what sort of prices I'd be looking at?

I have just bought a New Ute and have no idea what I should be looking for.

Thanks,

Last edited:

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
If it was me i would go for dual 2.5 inch exhaust all the way stainless hi-flow cats,just like you would fit to a ls1.Would give diffilipo a call he makes nice sounding exhausts,as for price thats' depends on how deep your wallet is.

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
i havnt found any1 who makes extractors for them yet and Im no putting LS1 style on just for the sake of it , just w8 m8 and youll be happier , I also reckon the stk system sounds pretty mean when you give it a rev

Lemon

stig
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder 6.0 SS Ute M6
Thanks SLugg, I'll hold off for now and see what comes out.

I am very impressed with the standard exhaust on it anyway, and as you said it sounds great once your give it a few revs.

Topcar

Reaction score
Is there a web site for Difilippo?

Cheers,
Topcar.

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
I got a price today for cat back 2.5" mild steel straight through redback muffs and resonator with tips for $580 fitted. (Not difilippo) Good price??

Difilippo website:

http://www.darrendifilippo.com.au/

M

marty1981

should get my black ss thunder ute this week. im looking for opinions on how to get the best sound out of the 6.0 ltr. performance gains aren't a priority i just want that deep throaty v8 rumble. will a catback system do that or would you recommend extractors as well??

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
marty1981 said:
should get my black ss thunder ute this week. im looking for opinions on how to get the best sound out of the 6.0 ltr. performance gains aren't a priority i just want that deep throaty v8 rumble. will a catback system do that or would you recommend extractors as well??

Cat back should give it a good note. If you go the full system check with your dealer that it won't void your driveline warranty.

I asked my dealer and they said my engine/driveline warranty would be void if I went any further forward than the cats.

Good luck!

M

marty1981

thanks. how do you find the thunder is for v8 noise out of the factory exhaust?

Lemon

stig
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder 6.0 SS Ute M6
Pretty tame unless you get it above 3500rpm then it starts making the noises it should. It just doesn't have that low end rumble when stationary or at low revs. I'm still unsure/undecided with what I should do to mine...