Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cavman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Ss ute
So I have changed all 16 lifters and trays in my l77 to ls7, a new genuine cam (L77). They valley cover is l77 also.
I bought the car and it never Dropped cylinders so I was assuming The dod delete kit was in Clearly not, no biggie.
So currently It idles a bit low and threw up an oil pressure fault.

what would be the rectification?
new valley cover?
Oil pump?
Resetting the throttle? As the fault popped up at low idle which I proportional to oil pressure

your help would be greatly appreciated and no I don’t want a cam upgrade and tune this is purely a daily

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
You must replace the valley cover with a Non DOD type valley cover. Or you'll get what you are getting now, low oil pressure.

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
I have heard that they are pretty much designed with dod in mind is all, a lot of options out there in cam choices though once you remove the dod lifters.

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
The L77 DOD cam has different lobes on the DOD cylinders than the non DOD cylinders, this is to suit the collapsable lifters. You have installed non DOD LS7 lifters, these will not suit a DOD cam.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just take the cam out n put a LS3 or L98 cam in it and the normal valley cover so it all works and it will be fine, can even go a normal oil pump as u wont need all the pressure from the pump that the dod did