Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L77 issue

Atley1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014
Hey there I'm having a issue with my vf ss it runs and drives fine for an hour or so then it just coughs splutter and dies on restart if it starts it idles very rough but if I leave it sit for half hour or so it starts and runs fine

It's not throwing any fault codes either my thought was fuel pump but being a ute I'm not 100% keen to pay for pump to be pulled to find it's not the issue any idea people

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Not sure but if it is the fuel pump causing the hot start problem, wouldn’t their be a fault code, either hard or pending, with the fuel pressure?

If you still feel it’s a fuel pump issue, placing a pressure gauge in the engine bay fuel line is another way to test the pump output is ok and should be relatively simple and cheap way to diagnose the pump as compared to pulling the pump.

exec57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXECUTIVE
I have an L76 and it has hot start issues. Drives fine until i park it for a few minutes and try to restart,sometimes it will crank right through and not fire, then eventually will start second time around but run rough for a short period then comes good.
Have replaced the crank angle sensor and maf sensor with no change,fuel pressure has checked out fine at the rail. Also changed plugs,leads and cleaned injectors.