Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L77 issue

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by Atley1983, Sep 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Atley1983

Atley1983 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS 2014
    Hey there I'm having a issue with my vf ss it runs and drives fine for an hour or so then it just coughs splutter and dies on restart if it starts it idles very rough but if I leave it sit for half hour or so it starts and runs fine

It's not throwing any fault codes either my thought was fuel pump but being a ute I'm not 100% keen to pay for pump to be pulled to find it's not the issue any idea people

2. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Not sure but if it is the fuel pump causing the hot start problem, wouldn’t their be a fault code, either hard or pending, with the fuel pressure?

If you still feel it’s a fuel pump issue, placing a pressure gauge in the engine bay fuel line is another way to test the pump output is ok and should be relatively simple and cheap way to diagnose the pump as compared to pulling the pump.

3. exec57l

exec57l New Member

Members Ride:
    VT EXECUTIVE
    I have an L76 and it has hot start issues. Drives fine until i park it for a few minutes and try to restart,sometimes it will crank right through and not fire, then eventually will start second time around but run rough for a short period then comes good.
    Have replaced the crank angle sensor and maf sensor with no change,fuel pressure has checked out fine at the rail. Also changed plugs,leads and cleaned injectors.