Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L77 valve train

PaulMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 2009
Hi Guys
I have a L77 engine and TR6060 swapped into my Nissan Z32.
Question is related to the L77 lifters and cam. As this engine was from a manual 2013 VE does it still have the DOD lifters? Is it the case that the system is just not active with the manual engines? Similar question with the cam as I belive the DOD engines had a different cam?
Its a completely stock engine as it could not be modified to pass engineering, got is tuned and dynoed at 382hp on E85.
I will do a cam upgrade at some stage, any recommendations on cam package/ upgrades would be appreciated. Car will my daily drive so
not looking at anything too extreme.
20210710_152754.jpg

Davemac

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline & 2009 SS Sportswagon
That fits pretty well in the Nissan engine bay.

I have pretty much the same engine and gearbox in my 2010 SSV and I asked similar questions in regards to the DOD system. If you look under the intake manifold at the front, you should be able to make out the top of the valley plate. A DOD deleted engine generally has a flat surface on the top of the valley plate. Mine is ribbed indicating I still have the DOD installed but being manual it is not enabled. I believe there was a special cam for the DOD.

I plan to do a DOD delete and cam upgrade over the winter months.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The L77s all had the DOD components fitted from the factory with the DOD disabled in the tune for manual transmission cars.

The L98 was the last engine that didn’t have any DOD components fitted and was in the series one VEs with manual transmission.

PaulMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 2009
The L77s all had the DOD components fitted from the factory with the DOD disabled in the tune for manual transmission cars.

The L98 was the last engine that didn’t have any DOD components fitted and was in the series one VEs with manual transmission.
Thanks guys for the good info.