Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l98 catch can install

L98VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L98 SS Commodore
Just wondering if someone can help me , i have an l98 in my vx commodore and i just bought a catch can for it but not sure which is the inlet port and which is the outlet port.

Any help is appreciated.

catch%20can.jpg

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
They didn`t give you install info you need to ask them.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Be aware that vented catch cans aren't street legal.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Inlet is the bottom and top is outlet.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
that one breaths to atmosphere, if u want to put vacuum to it u go in one of the two front ones and then remove the top filter and return from there back to engine, the two front have a baffle in side and have to go under then up to the top, the bottom is only a drain plug, this one is more designed just to vent

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Plumb it back (take the filter off and plumb that port to the intake), the suction makes the PCV valve work way better (i.e. the way it was supposed to). If the catch can is actually any good then you still won't get any oil in the intake.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the suction makes the PCV valve work way better (i.e. the way it was supposed to)
ive herd about a PCV valve but im yet to see one, ive got my valley plate off at the moment and have taken apart the crank breather section (ive increased volume to slow airspeed as to not catch as much oil) and all it is is a section of baffles with drain backs no actual "valve" to speak of, ive also read of some saying it also but maby some LS just have a breather not a valve ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
maby some LS just have a breather not a valve ?

I've never owned an LS so I have no idea (was there still some kind of plumb back anyway?), probably way more important if you own one of the early Alloytecs. Even if it is a breather though there's still no actual advantage to venting to atmosphere, particularly if your catch can is baffled properly and is preventing oil getting into the intake.