Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L98 F.a.s.t throttle bodys

redneck08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Anyone got the righ part number for the 102mm big mouth to fit the ls2 and l98 engines. Every site i look on only seems to give images of cable driven throttles, not fly by wire. Or is it common between the ls2 and ls1, you just #### the cable clip off and bolt the tps and servo on.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Hmmm.... That I'm not sure. I will find out. But I decided not to do it as my workshop felt the gain was not worth the money. If it is a bling thing ( and for me it partly was) then get your own TB polished. That's what I think I will do

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hmmm.... That I'm not sure. I will find out. But I decided not to do it as my workshop felt the gain was not worth the money. If it is a bling thing ( and for me it partly was) then get your own TB polished. That's what I think I will do

Oh ok yeah im not gunna get one yet, just wondering for the future lol, do you reakon the fast manifold is worth it?, ive been told no with just a cam and all the other bolt on's

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
To be honest, I got the manifold at a great price and that's the reason I did it

I have too heard that in regards to gains it's minimal, especially on the 6.0L. And considering it was done at the same time as cam I couldn't say if there was a gain over standard manifold

But it does look great and with the FAST manifolds now available new for good money it's a great mod

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i got the 92mm fast manifold on my ls1... biggest waste of money, done sweet #### all

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
the only time you need a fast manifold is when your heads flow more air than your standard manifold and becomes the restriction,
with the l98 your heads and manifold are fairly decent compared to LS2 and previous engines hence why you see l98's with 350rwkw cam only