Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l98 with m122 supercharger

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
im looking at buying an m122 supercharger kit second hand for $6k for my ve ss (l98) im not 100% convinced on the supercharger yet. i was just wondering what people think of the price and if anyone knows someone with an m122 or has one themself that can give me some info.
im chasing close to 400rwkw with a cam, any info at all will be great. i no a 2300 supercharger will be alot better but it is alot more $ aswell.
cheers

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
With the right supporting mods you'll see 400rwkw with an M122. I've recently seen an L98 with an M112 make those numbers with all the right gear and the right tune. Also an HTV2300 will be too big for the average L98 , you're better off with an HTV1900 if you're just going to cam it.
It's always a gamble buying secondhand as you don't know how hard a life it's had (unless you happen to know the owner or its history). If it's a low km complete kit then that price would be about right (from others I've seen sold in the past).

psivyv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportswagon!!!
i have talked to the fitters/tuner and said it was put on a year ago and has done 7,000km's. not 100% sure how it was driven.
what do you think about capa's mp1900's?

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I don't really know too much about the MP1900 to be honest. I'd personally never buy from CAPA but each to their own.

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
Remember all those engines and gearboxes that got stolen from Holden?

A certain car "modification" shop got 90% of them.

I'd be going to a mechanic and getting them to order/fit anything that's expensive or would cause problems if not done right.