Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L98 top end failure

redneck08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
right well its not a rod or rocker they reckon, intake manifold off tomorrow to check the cam lobes and bearings

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
tune theres your warrenty void right there probably even more so if its only done 3000km cause the tunes setup for safe run in from holden all the blame will be on your mods best of luck

Seriously change your name because youre far from a delco wizard. There is no run in tune thats bs like pretty much every other post you have made on this forum.

redneck Im in the auto electric dept and been busy as fark so havent been able to find much out for ya, will try and suss it out tomorrow.

redneck08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
thanks mate. ill be coming in tomorrow after smoko to have a look

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Seriously change your name because youre far from a delco wizard. There is no run in tune thats bs like pretty much every other post you have made on this forum.

redneck Im in the auto electric dept and been busy as fark so havent been able to find much out for ya, will try and suss it out tomorrow.

did i say there was a specific run in tune no i didnt i said that the tune is set for run in yes its not just a run in tune its set to make the engine outlast the warrenty period ,run efficiently and last as long as possible and run in nicely with no issues .you send it to a tuner they increase the timing lean it out to make better power use less fuel while cruiseing etc

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
did i say there was a specific run in tune no i didnt i said that the tune is set for run in yes its not just a run in tune its set to make the engine outlast the warrenty period ,run efficiently and last as long as possible and run in nicely with no issues .you send it to a tuner they increase the timing lean it out to make better power use less fuel while cruiseing etc

cause the tunes setup for safe run in from holden

Yes you did, nice backpedal though.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
well so far ive bveen argueing with about 8 differnet people all claiming no warrenty coz i have otr, a tune and a 3 inch system, they havent even pulled the rocker covers off to have alook. ricey i though you were look after me mate, no one wants to know about it untill i pull the ####en VISA out. i guess ill keep u all posted on how this shitfight goes

Lols - I wouldn't warranty it either. Its a risk you take when you mod a brand new car rofl.

Reaper

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Why would you want more power from 6.0L V8 in the first place?
It's a good engine to start with and I would not be touching it until warranty is out.

On the others side, the problem is that It is hard for you to prove that mods/tune did not cause the problem.
I believe when it comes to warranty issues, you're guilty until proven innocent.

I feel for you mate...but I'm afraid that it will not be covered under warranty :(

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Why would you want more power from 6.0L V8 in the first place?

3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
dead set...