Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lack of power for stroked 4.3L VR

chook231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 UTE
in your exhaust you have said you have a twin 2 14 with only one muffler ??
what size is the single muffler ? eg. is it two in two out or a single 2 1/2 on a twin 2 1/4 system ??

it could be your choice of heads & cam or intake that are resticting power after 5,000 rpms, as you already said your tune & AFR's were checked over by chip torque.

good luck and let hope you get it sorted out.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Honestly, What were you expecting? In the end it is only a 4.3ltr 272ci(if i'm right) V6...

This is why A LOT OF PEOPLE do not stroke v6's because there is not much fun to be had, just a lot of money to be lost :( A 5ltr with exhaust/tune/service is good for 150+rwkw...

Hope you can fix your problem up, maybe a bit more of an agressive cam?

Cheers
MaT

W

whisky

Is it a dual cat setup aswell?

If it is, get a balance pipe put in before the cats.. 1.5" balance pipe seems to be the size of choice.

I reckon the cam is going to be the problem. The brock shop have a very bad reputation as it is around brissy and this is just another story I can tell the boys to add to the list.

I would recommend organising a custom cam for your specs. You could have one delivered to your door in less than 2 weeks if you got all your specs including headflow figures and such.

Anyway, good luck with it all. Sounds like you got a mean motor.

M

MaoriTane

Bro

Just signed up today mate and have seen your dilemma!! Go and get this months Street Machine with the hk monaro on the front. They have a V6 tuning guide in there. page 100.this months covers the VN-VP V6 motor. Next month they reckon they'll turn they're attention to the VS- VY ECOTEC. This should be good news for you mate cause I've been waiting for this to happen since I bought mine new in 1991.pretty good info mate, all the shits in there!! enjoy!!:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Just signed up today mate and have seen your dilemma!! Go and get this months Street Machine with the hk monaro on the front. They have a V6 tuning guide in there. page 100.this months covers the VN-VP V6 motor. Next month they reckon they'll turn they're attention to the VS- VY ECOTEC. This should be good news for you mate cause I've been waiting for this to happen since I bought mine new in 1991.pretty good info mate, all the shits in there!! enjoy!!:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

That street machine has been off shelves for around a week now. They already have the Ecotec tuning guide out.

The VN-VR tuning guide is honestly quite a waste. Its all common knowledge that they have for some reason bothered to type up, information 100x as good can be found on this site. The only good part of the article, is the contact list which they have, giving contact numbers etc. for parts.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I bought the street machine today good read about the vn-vp tuning guides article, didnt see the next issue tho about the ecotec that I really wanted to get.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Ecotec tuning guide?!?!? WHEN, WHERE HOW! WHERE CAN I FIND? WHAT ISSUE!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Hozy it will be nothing you dont already know... Not sure if you read the VN/VP one or not.

Its on shelves now, with a blue and white car on the front rather the orange HK on last months issue.

I read it a few days ago at work when we put it on the shelves.