Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lamps in VR dash (temp & fuel) gauges blown.Any ideas on how to replace them, thanks?

Buflina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
I have a VR Berlina and both the mentiioned gauges on my dash have no illumination. Does anybody have suggestions to what I need to do to put in new lamps. Also how does anyone know how the climate control screen colour is chaged to blue....lamp change???http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/images/smilies/woot.gif
:w00t:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20560

This how-to guide will help you get the instrument cluster out and the bulbs simply twist out the back.

You need to remove the climate control box and simply replace the standard bulbs with blue ones or leds. You will need to have a little bit of electronics to do it with leds.

Buflina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
I didn't know that different colour lamps could be obtained. I thought the standard clear (if behind a cloured lens ) or light green as it appears were the go.

Buflina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Sorry about the late reply haven't been on`while, thanks all the same.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
So how did you go? All sorted?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
You might find that the bulbs arent actually blown... On mine it was that the globes were making poor contact with the PCB they were mounted to. I cleaned up the contacts on both the PCB and the globe holder with a little bit of wet/dry sandpaper and used some pliers to squash the contacts on the globe holder a little bit so they exerted a bit more pressure on the PCB... all was then well! :)

Buflina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
You might find that the bulbs arent actually blown... On mine it was that the globes were making poor contact with the PCB they were mounted to. I cleaned up the contacts on both the PCB and the globe holder with a little bit of wet/dry sandpaper and used some pliers to squash the contacts on the globe holder a little bit so they exerted a bit more pressure on the PCB... all was then well! :)
Thanks for the advice I got it sorted out now. I actually had blown lamp on mine.