Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lansvale Sold To Murphy

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
Just had a respected insider tell me that Greg Murphy has purchased Lanvale smash franchise and all the team gear including the cars. His dad is going to run Cam Mclean in it till the other half of the licence is freed up at the end of the year and run a two car team with Greg back in his own team. The other half of the franchise is leased to Mark Noske till years end. You heard it first at justcommodores. Who will get Murphy's seat at Kmart at the end of the year?

Tony.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Cameron McLean has gone to Gary Rogers this year, so whos going to be driving then?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Very interesting news Tony. Should be interesting racing with LP running another two cars, giving them four in all. Seems to be shaping up into a massive year of racing. All the VY's should be running the double wish bone front set-up aswell right?

Jake.

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
Cameron McConville is with Garry this year, Cam Mclean had his own team a few years back, he sold that to the Kiwi twit with too much money.

Tony.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
oh yeah, whoops... getting drivers confused, but thats just normal I'm confused most of the time

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Jan 8 2004, 01:40 PM) Very interesting news Tony. Should be interesting racing with LP running another two cars, giving them four in all. Seems to be shaping up into a massive year of racing. All the VY's should be running the double wish bone front set-up aswell right?

Jake.
Tega and avesco make the rules up as they go sometimes, the new blue print engine was supose to be the only one that can run this year. The did a backflip on that. I reckon LP would have Tratty in a VX this year, I would not give him a new car! Australian motorsport sucks when guy's that have dollars and no ability get the rides and the rest suffer. Tony Cochrane and his mob would be's suck too, they do what they want when they want. The level 3 franchise guy's had to pay for there own ticket to the presentation night. They are sucking the guts out of the sport. The other driver at LP's is probably paying for his ride as well. At least Tony has some skill.

Tony.

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
QUOTE (fourstar82 @ Jan 8 2004, 01:52 PM) oh yeah, whoops... getting drivers confused, but thats just normal I'm confused most of the time
I am confused all the time don't worry about that. I wish the best for the other Cam at Valvoline racing, he will need it. They are a bunch of duds at that joint. Tander is an awsome talent and does more with the equipment than should be. Cam is pritty good, I hope they don't shaft him like they did with young Jamie.

Tony.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I agree totally Tony, it's bullsh!t when money opens doors that pure talent can't.

Jake.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
QUOTE ...it's bullsh!t when money opens doors that pure talent can't.

Why do you think its so hard for people to get into Formula 1? Marcus Ambrose was beating guys like Kimi Raikkonen, etc but he didn't have the money to push into F1. He came back to Aus becaus he was so frustrated. The level of comp that he faced over in europe made him a great driver.

Andy