Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Laptop plugged into iq can it be done?

Dynamic Dazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Wagon
Hey guys
My work car a VE has a computer connected to a touchscreen mounted to dash similar to Police cars....I use a wifi keyboard and wireless printer.....Now Im wondering if its possible to connect to IQ screen......any ideas ??

Dazz

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
If you want to display on IQ screen - yes, interact - no. At least not without replacing the touchscreen and a lot of technical work.
The best dual solution for retaining legacy features and benefits of IQ while upgrading / simplifying its use is to swap the IQ screen with a landscape iPhone 6+ wall dock (per airplane cockpit). Fills most of the display portal, practical like the '80s removable stereo fascias but runs 100% digital including CarPlay and everything else you would expect.
Standard Apple AV input options to lightning, IQ runs headless via hard keys. Also entirely possible to operate the IQ this way using appropriate video display adapter into lightning, as most IQ functions via hard keys.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Buy a Honda Jazz, they have a HDMI input...

Dynamic Dazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Wagon
If you want to display on IQ screen - yes, interact - no. At least not without replacing the touchscreen and a lot of technical work.
The best dual solution for retaining legacy features and benefits of IQ while upgrading / simplifying its use is to swap the IQ screen with a landscape iPhone 6+ wall dock (per airplane cockpit). Fills most of the display portal, practical like the '80s removable stereo fascias but runs 100% digital including CarPlay and everything else you would expect.
Standard Apple AV input options to lightning, IQ runs headless via hard keys. Also entirely possible to operate the IQ this way using appropriate video display adapter into lightning, as most IQ functions via hard keys.[/QUOTE
]

Ok happy to have no touch screen fuction so how do I do it please?

Dazz

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
First need to enable Rear Aux play while Vehicle In Motion. To bypass VIM you can source a preprogrammed single use dongle that flashes the control module. Then simply connect output device into IQ's Rear Aux, and you guessed it the interface is not RCA or HDMI. So depending on the connector of your output device, you can source the correct adaptor.
Search VIM rear aux on here, there are several such crafty solutions ready for your credit card.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Well.. I might as well take it that step further..

Technically you can display whatever you want on screen and even have touch input. You can run straight through the RGBs connection that the HSV EDI's run through. The touch locations can then also be taken from the cars communication line to identify where on screen has been tapped.

Thats the ultimate embedded solution.. but.. requires a tonne of work, custom development, software and hardware. ;)