Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Larger throttle body/plenum spacer: worth it?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
They all work well by themselves. However as a package they work even better :)

too right. I bet that if you threw the spacer and throttle body on in conjunction with a set of high ratio rockers you'd notice more improvement than just by themselves.
If a bigger throttle body comes up on ebay for cheap i might get it to see if i'm right.

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey guys i have a mate with a vx s pak manual with a plenum spacer and intake spacer aswell as a bigger throttle body and air flow meter and 1.98 roller rockers all from mace and got a adjustable fuel pressure reg and he got it all tuned and it made 17 more kw's than standard

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
im not sure i didnt look at torgue just kw's. but when driving u can barely notice it that before. all up it cost close to $2000 and i was very disapointed in the power increase but hes only on his red P's so its enough for him made a bit to much.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
i wonder what he would have got with just the 2 spacers and rockers. i reckon it would be about the same, and cheaper.

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
its got mid size pacemakers with custome y piece and 2.5 inch cat back with hot dog on rear. its also got diff gears and lsd.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey p_schrapel,

Just out of interest, did your friend ever run all of those parts, with the exception of the MAF installed? The reason I ask is that you can't really take into account a bored out MAF, with just a adjustable fuel, as they characteristics of the significantly change from factory item. As it result it might not drive the best (?)

Cheers
Steve

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey mace we ran it as a complete setup and got it tuned by horse power factory and they said it would need a adjustable fuel pressure reg so we did it and took it back to them.