Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last Australian Built Holden - VF SSVR Vin 333644

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I agree. The paint on my 17 redline is bloody horrible. I've painted cars and bikes in my shed and the floor is practically dirt and they turn out better than the one on the VF. It has that many marks that are in the clear and the orange peel is the worst. My VY ute was a million times better in the paint and polished up a hell of a lot nicer.
Rant over:D

I have two MY17 cars and I think the paint on both are very good. One metallic and one is solid colour. Crap under the bonnet and boot but you only see that when you open the bonnet.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I have two MY17 cars and I think the paint on both are very good. One metallic and one is solid colour. Crap under the bonnet and boot but you only see that when you open the bonnet.
Yep, similar here....no complaints with my LMF...

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I agree. The paint on my 17 redline is bloody horrible. I've painted cars and bikes in my shed and the floor is practically dirt and they turn out better than the one on the VF. It has that many marks that are in the clear and the orange peel is the worst. My VY ute was a million times better in the paint and polished up a hell of a lot nicer.
Rant over:D
My phantom is pretty good for a factory finish. No complaints here

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
I’m close to that number 627,some one must be closer and probably doesn’t realise it.

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Mine’s 685. It came off the line 16/10/17.
GA SEQ is 3986.

Last edited:

Rapom1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oct 2017 sv6 wagon white
Mine seems old to some of the ones here GA SEQ 3518 built 11-oct-17 so just under 700 cars built after it. Didn't need the car when I bought it but have always had Australian built cars (Holden, Ford and Chrysler). Bought it on a whim and thought when my BFiii wagon dies I'll start driving it daily. Problem is the BFiii still runs like new and probably will for another 10 years. When the BFiii becomes too crappy to use the VF2 will start it's useful life.

VF GMH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Inspected to make sure it had zero paint defects...
What about all the other vf holdens with **** in the factory paint,should have been fully checking every single car not just the last one.

All cars were inspected for defects in Paint-shop at different stages, with final inspection carried out on the finished product. Towards the end of the attached video, in the article, shows two workers correcting the blemishes in the paint on the bonnet. As with any media car, by any manufacturer, the last one would have received a bit more attention.

Last edited:

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
All cars were inspected for defects in Paint-shop at different stages, with final inspection carried out on the finished product. Towards the end of the attached video, in the article, shows two workers correcting the blemishes in the paint on the bonnet. As with any media car, by any manufacturer, the last one would have received a bit more attention.
The people doing it needed their eyes checked,either that or they just werent correcting faults at the supervisors say so,there is loads of vfs getting around with crap in the clear coat,its a well known fault that holden knew about,they just couldnt work out why it was happening.