Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last Australian Built Holden - VF SSVR Vin 333644

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport Edition
A few things to take from that article.

Firstly, it provided a very balanced view. The “media” car was the last to roll off General Assembly but the owner’s car in that article had the last VIN number. Both the owner and the magazine viewed both as the last cars.

Secondly, he took a silent dig that General Assembly receives most of the attention outside HVO, but body shop workers and all other workers be it laboratory workers etc are of equal importance and that’s fair enough.

Hats off to the fellow.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Inspected to make sure it had zero paint defects...
What about all the other vf holdens with **** in the factory paint,should have been fully checking every single car not just the last one.

Rapom1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oct 2017 sv6 wagon white
One of the photos in WhichCar story the story shows it was General Assembly Sequence Number (GA SEQ)4210. Three cars before it down the line was a red SV6 sedan 4207 which is the subject of this movie. Close inspection of the movie seems to show red sedans after the red SV6 GA SEQ 4207. So likely 4210 flashes up for a millisecond here.

peterhor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chev SS 6spd; 2017 SSV Redline Spitfire 6spd
Great article, love reading about the passion of ex GMH workers, and the fact that so many own their slice of history!
I got lucky to acquire (directly from a GMO Engineer) one of the last builds, mine is also 'a last one' (last produced Spitfire Green) and it retains all the factory stickers, plastic seat protector, plastic steering wheel protector and original destination label. My GA SEQ number was 3779 built 12 October, completed 13/10 (End of F2)
Would be cool if we could memorialize / track down all the 'last of' cars and hear the stories behind each

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Lucky the dealer didnt work out why this car was so special. Would be kinda weird someone ringing up wanting a specific car and VIN and the dealer none the wiser as to why

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
I personally know the owner. Article is 100% correct and truthful. He worked hard to improve quality at the plant and had a definite passion for the VFII product....That's why he owns 2 of them. He personally looked after my Calais V LS3 during its build.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just thought I'd post this here for posterity, future searches and argument settler / starter

Uncovering the genuine final home-grown Holden Commodore
Great article, love reading about the passion of ex GMH workers, and the fact that so many own their slice of history!
I got lucky to acquire (directly from a GMO Engineer) one of the last builds, mine is also 'a last one' (last produced Spitfire Green) and it retains all the factory stickers, plastic seat protector, plastic steering wheel protector and original destination label. My GA SEQ number was 3779 built 12 October, completed 13/10 (End of F2)
Would be cool if we could memorialize / track down all the 'last of' cars and hear the stories behind each
Yeah me too. What a great read. Good on this fella. What a champion.
The passion was and still is palpable. This really hit home for me at the Holden Dream Cruise in 2017. Meeting many Holden workers. Making strong friendships, that continue to this day. I can still see the passion in their eyes, hear it in their voices. The entire suburb of Elizabeth lining the streets. Cheering. Crying. Old men with tears in their eyes. Literally. It was a culture. A very powerful thing. It's still alive, but the heartbeat is weakening. I'll never forget those memories though. A moment frozen in time for my Wife and I.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice.

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
Inspected to make sure it had zero paint defects...
What about all the other vf holdens with **** in the factory paint,should have been fully checking every single car not just the last one.
I agree. The paint on my 17 redline is bloody horrible. I've painted cars and bikes in my shed and the floor is practically dirt and they turn out better than the one on the VF. It has that many marks that are in the clear and the orange peel is the worst. My VY ute was a million times better in the paint and polished up a hell of a lot nicer.
Rant over:D