Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last GT Falcon rolls off the line as the first new model Falcon and Territory follow

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In today's Daily Tele is a photo of the last FG Falcon GT, together with the first new Falcon and Territory production cars. To me, the interesting thing is the name given to the two new models. The Territory appears to be the SZ Series II, but the Falcon has a banner over it calling it the FG X. I wonder if that will actually be the model designation?

While on the subject of the next Falcon, am I the only one who thinks it actually looks sharper and better than the VF? The new grille and overall front end design appeals to me and has a more integrated and modern appearance than the Commodore. The rear photos in the recent issue of Wheels also shows a design which is (IMO) nicer than the Commie.

Comments?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
My friends dad , is the one who bought the last falcon Gt

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Calaber, you are getting old and senile:rofl2:. The VF is a far better looking car than any Falcon. IMHO, the VF is the toughest looking Holden
for a long time.

But its a personal choice I suppose.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yep new designation is FGX

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I really dislike the new Falcon look.

I think the arse looks horrible. I think its to skinny for such a large car. The lights look to small, the spoiler is to plain (on the XR models atleast) However the front I think I could learn to love.

With that being said, I was torn on the VF as well and thats grown on me.

I find it a bit of a shame that the last of the GT's is being recalled already due to seals leaking.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
New Falcon will be doing some laps this weekend at Bathurst if you care to take a look at it.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
While on the subject of the next Falcon, am I the only one who thinks it actually looks sharper and better than the VF? The new grille and overall front end design appeals to me and has a more integrated and modern appearance than the Commodore. The rear photos in the recent issue of Wheels also shows a design which is (IMO) nicer than the Commie.

Comments?

I think it looks better than the VF, but I still don't like either of them.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Calaber, you are getting old and senile:rofl2:. The VF is a far better looking car than any Falcon. IMHO, the VF is the toughest looking Holden
for a long time.

But its a personal choice I suppose.

Getting old and senile? Hell, I've been there for years.

I've thought about the VF design ever since I first saw it and I just can't come to like it much. Design is very much a case of personal taste, but IMO, the Evoke looks very clumsy from the front and those vented front guards don't seem to sit well on the wagons. The sedan rear end gets lost in the crowd - it could be anything because it lacks individuality. Even the sports models front end styling fails to grab me. The car's interior is its best feature and was way overdue.

I admit that I haven't seen a new Falcon in the metal yet, but I definitely prefer the design around the grille, though I'm not taken by the DRL's.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I'm no fan of the Ford Faldeo.