Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
What do you mean by "some minor exhaust changes"?

I swapped my stock SV6 cat back for an SS cat back system then had the crimps removed and replaced with an x-pipe. I also bought a set of Berklee V8 rears cans for it. However if I was to do it again I'd keep the stock SV6 cat back system, I'd still use the Berklee cans but I'd have a set of hotdogs put in (same as V8 system) after the mid-muffler (lowers the tone). I'd also still consider the crimp removal and x-pipe insertion (depending on reverb etc).

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Nice figures so far Jarp

Yeah is pretty good VS Pete. Although as you can see from the dyno sheet the torque curve is very up and down up until about 4600rpm...at this point it sharply climbs to around 5000rpm at which point it falls away sharply. Jake doing the dyno said at the time that it felt really crap (jerky) up to 4600 then smoothed out. We believe that this is particular to the auto and is part of the Torque Control systems of the car. This sheet + data I collected at the time are now with the tuner and I'm hoping that we can improve top end torque and of course peak KW. Oh by the way the car doesn't feel like it is jerky on the road....just seems to be particular to being on a dyno although if we can further remove torque contol mechanisms then all the better.

Attachments

• dyno sheet 008.jpg
    dyno sheet 008.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 953

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
That torque curve is spastic! LOL
Have you thought about turning off the Torque Management all together? As I'm thinking of doing that with mine.

samueljz94

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore SV6 SIDI 3.6L
wow what are you's doing that is pretty shitty performance were are use taking ur cars ?
i have a 2010 ve sv6 sidi with full exhaust system dyno tune cam upgrade orrsom otr and afew other bits and pieces and it pulled 196.5rwkw