Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah but in the US peak is @ 5900 or something stupid. So low in comparison to the way the Camaro is tuned. I don't need to peak torque lower in the rev range as I have a 3.7 diff...works well as is but as I said I'll check with my tuner about the spacer and its use with a DI.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
yeah but the camaro has peak torque of 380nm or something, so probably has 350nm at 2900 anyway.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
CAI been done for months. The DI is a little different as fuel/air not premixed in the manifold because fuel is put directly into the combustion chamber in liquid form. So spacers may act as a cooling mechanism for the SIDI but possibly not much extra gain if CAI already applied. As far as increased runner lenghth goes I already have a car with a low torque peak so will check with my tuner on this.

Ah fair enough, the extra runner length will still of benefit. The airspeed behind the valve will be increased.

Low peak is just off idle :p

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
"Low peak is just off idle :p"

Yeah fair enough..guess ya can't argue with any torque gains :)...but just want to get the headers, speedo calibration and tune out of the way 1st. Will think about other stuff later.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
The runner length will effect the tune though mate. That's why I suggest it prior.

Extractors are definatly the way to go, what sort are you going to use?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The runner length will effect the tune though mate. That's why I suggest it prior.

Extractors are definatly the way to go, what sort are you going to use?

As per post 79.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah I didn't see that.
Even though there is absolutely no information regarding the design on their website. Top effort pacemaker! :D

Do you know if they're 4-1 or tri-y?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Dunno...does this help. Pipe over cone design, all pipes are mandrel bent, all flanges are precision laser cut, painted in the distinctive PACEMAKER heat proof blue. 1 5/8” Primary Pipes, 2 ¼” Flanged Outlet.

Also says Y Branch N/A.

Ahhh true Kuzman so does that mean has to be tri-y as I've no idea.