Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
pmd dude, dont think he's officially doing them just yet or has worked out pricing as its all still in the trialing stage, but pm'd ya where Im at currently. (dont want to piss anyone off)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
If I get 10-15 percent with the tune and a few percent with the CAI and headers matched with the 3.7 diff I'll be happy I reckon. Total spend around 3.5kish....prolly could of got an 8 with that nearly. Ahh well is all good and had fun doing :)

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Mail order tunes aren't with the money you pay. Mine spent the day on the dyno - a REAL tune. I didn't pay as much as soop estimated but any na V6 performance mod is NOT with it! Tiny gains for lots of money = stupid!

Put the cash you're going to spend away, let it grow and then you'll have the change over amount for a better car.

THIS IS SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
CSP, seriously piss off. You are getting tiresome. I'm more then happy with my car = worth it.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
LOL - It isn't money well spent just cause you're happy.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
V8/turbo = higher insurance, higher fuel bills, higher rego, higher maintenance costs and is illegal for p-platers such as myself.

Spending a fraction of the money you saved on making your V6 alittle more enjoyable is totally worth it, something different and I'd do it again. This is from a guy who occasionaly drives an Sv8 under exemptions for work.

Anyway, ignore the troll time. If anyone wants to come with a ride in my car SE burbs melb, shoot me a pm.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
This is NOT trolling! I'm providing sound advice 100% based on direct personal experience...

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I dont understand why everyone says v8s are so much more expensive ect lol about an extra $10 to fuel up, insurance and rego isnt much more then my 6 either.

For the p platers, just do the basic cai, tune and exhaust and leave it at that until your on ur opens