Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
all advice appreciated.. but im just after a bit more bottom end torque so its a bit more fun to drive.. we all no v8's and turbos are fun to drive and easy to mod etc etc.. but i own a sv6 and really love the car for now.. not a powerhose just a nice and fun car to drive.. like i said im not after 250kw at the wheels like a 6l might have..

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Definately would be interested if you could take me for a blocky Kuzman, i live in Doncaster area. im looking to get into performance mods on the SV6 now too (much to CSP and Soops disgust).

im a P Plater also and i plan on keeping the car for a couple yearss so thats my justification, not that we need to answer to other people anyway......

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Is yours SIDI? Stock it's still probably faster then mine haha, they put power down really well. At hallam performance awhile ago they had dyno night, one VZ SS put out 188rwkw and a SIDI ute put out 173rwkw. I'll pm you number.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
yeh no worries.. yeh mines a SIDI Series 2, would still be interesting... im sure you can give me some ideas on what i can do.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
If your interested on seeing what power your car puts out, horsepower factory are having dyno day this sunday I believe. Trophies for lsx, V8's, forced and V6's. $50 gets you dynos, laminated sheet. Could meet you there. They are in dandenong.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
It was pretty consistent actually, stock l98 put out 222rwkw I believe and a ls3 GTS put out around 260rwkw. Which are all believable figures. The torque readings on each car were bogus, but the rwkw was pretty accurate. Oops, I'm feeding the troll.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The torque readings on each car were bogus, but the rwkw was pretty accurate.

Errrr... rwkw figures are DERIVED FROM the rw torque figure on chasis dynos!!!

My LS2 Clubby with a cat back, OTRCAI + tune pulled 255rwkw. So those figures don't make sense to me.

Quit calling me a troll! It's a personal attack! Time to start reporting your posts.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Troll must be really getting to you, glad its working. All dyno's are different and diff cars put out different numbers, an LS3 has around 20-25rwkw and 30nm more than a LS2 bigger better heads and extra cubes, better torque production in downlow in the ls3. Obviously the dyno operator knows what he's doing, he owns his own succesful performance shop afterall and tunes/dyno's more cars then you have. If 1 l98 ran 222rwkw, GTS 260rwkw and a vz ss 188rwkw then I'd say the 173rw for the DI is fairly accurate. If he derived the rwkw from the torque figure quoted he'd be getting 300 or so rwkw from the DI, which he hasn't.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
So now you're also admitting to baiting me? Nice work... (and thanks)

But that's how chassis dynos work... If the rw torque figure is wrong, the rwkw figure is too.