Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Come on CSP, your posts are normally troll like in nature (aka trying to get a reaction out of someone) or offtopic, telling them they should just packup and by another car. Whilst you might think it's helpful, people don't need permission on how to spend their hard earned. Your probably a good bloke in real life, but it does get tedious. Well its a dyno, they differ. Dyno figures are a tuning tool. The only real figure is the 1/4m. Which I believe he's got 14.6 on 20's.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Seriously, not worth it. Don't waste your money.

I put a full exhaust, intake, tune into my V6 VE Calais (195kw Alloytec) and it made 154rwkw... Live with the V6 as it is, will be easier to sell/trade later if it's not modified.

I agree, I tried CAI and HSV mufflers, car felt sluggish and felt like it lost power. Put the std filter back in the airbox. Car felt better. Put the stock mufflers back on, car immediately picked up the bottom end and felt strong again. Then I bought a K&N panel filter. What a difference, car really came on from 5000 till redline. Then I thru in an SS manual 3.46 LSD from a 2.92. What a difference, best bang for buck mod. I too read all the posts and decided a gain of 5-15rwkw was a waste of money. My son has a XR6 manual and his car with extractors, 3 inch cat and 2.5 exhaust, custom tune makes 182rwkw and heaps of torque. So a VE V6 ( DONT WASTE MONEY ON MODS)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
lol, how long did you leave them on? Did you reset the ECU? Your car must of been a POS if it felt sluggish.

I know a guy with an underdrive pulley, full exhaust upgrade with a magnaflow high flow cat and pacemaker extractors and a 2.5" catbak. Intake is running knN panel filter, XR8 lower airbox and snorkel with a HPF xcal tune. Made 170rwkw in a FG ute MY11. I think he'd be pushing MAX 160rwkw unless he was on a very very happy dyno.

And to say dont mod a VE V6 is abit stupid. Results aren't out for the DI engines yet.. haven't heard on results from Dale. But Monaro said the 3.0l picks up 20rwkw and the 3.6l 15rwkw tune only.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
HPF xcal tune. QUOTE]

Theres ya mates problem....Jokes!!!,Rob knows his stuff as does the tuner.

kuz,you need to stop shooting peoples qoutes down power/figure wise especially when it comes to Fords,not having a go but its not an area you are familiar with.We(yes I can tune) have people with similar figures with the mods you suggested in your mates FG with around 180rwkw,this dyno is not "happy" so to speak as my SL/E VH runs 12.01@115mph with 200rwkw on the same dyno/operator.My XR6T has 304rwkw at Bruce Heinrichs Perf Tuning yet only pulls 295 back at ours,we are known to have a "grumpy" dyno.

Before my XR6T my Futura wagon,yes wagon with 20%underdrive pulley,extractors,exhaust and typhoon CAI made 151rwkw untuned(same dyno as above)enough to blow VT ss's to the weeds lol.A manual custom tuned BA with more mods making 180rwkw is not "unrealistic" at all.Dont use your mates car as a benchmark unless the same mods,car,tuner ect are used on a similar car.Even then differences rear there heads up.

Not at all having a go,just eluding to the fact things arent always as they should seem.

EDIT:Not that we will venture that way,I do see the tuning side of things really opening some hidden torque/powere from these SIDI's.Yet to drive a manual SIDI yet.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Who's going to take a best guess RWKW on a SIDI 3.6, CAI, Pacies (cats stock), 3.7 Diff and a Tune (CHE)? We'll have a sweep @ a Dollar per guess...closest takes the pool and I'll get ya some figures in early Jan?

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
maybe i should put mine on the dyno on sunday................. would be interesting, and would settle a lot of duscussions/arguments...... Mines a Stock SIDI only mod is HSV diff back mufflers so far..... but i could switch it back....... if people want a genuine figure, my cars done 5,400km so its 99% run in....

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Please do so lachie.

Fair enough Karlos. Not going to argue, your more of a ford guy then me.

If I can pull 149rwkw with just headers, mufflers and cai, id love to know what id get with a full exhaust, underdrive pulley, highflow cats and a proper dyno tune, I reckon a DI with those mods would respond better then my car.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
maybe i should put mine on the dyno on sunday................. would be interesting, and would settle a lot of duscussions/arguments...... Mines a Stock SIDI only mod is HSV diff back mufflers so far..... but i could switch it back....... if people want a genuine figure, my cars done 5,400km so its 99% run in....

Hey mate just slightly of topic, how do you find those mufflers on your SV6, still drone alot?

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375

Probably no need mate there a a few Dyno results on the SIDI out there already...just takes a bit of searching. It's around 164rwkw with a CAI and all else stock from what I've seen.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Please do so lachie.

Fair enough Karlos. Not going to argue, your more of a ford guy then me.

If I can pull 149rwkw with just headers, mufflers and cai, id love to know what id get with a full exhaust, underdrive pulley, highflow cats and a proper dyno tune, I reckon a DI with those mods would respond better then my car.

I honestly think the SIDI's will pull 200rwkw once R&D is there.