Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah I reckon 200 is a bit of a stretch aswell. I'm hoping for 180ish and anymore would be a bonus. It's the twist curve that will be important too though.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
How is CSP trolling here?
You're the one trolling with your bible of misinformation. Having an opposing opinion doesn't constitute trolling.

Wogboy is also correct, V8's cost very little more to fill up, and the insurance is almost the same for either car ($660 per anum for my SS)
Being on you p-plates isn't an excuse either, because any modification is just as illegal as driving a V8, I can't see the logic.

All I see is thousands of dollars being spent to achieve something less then what bog stock standard LS1 can do...

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
IMO if you cant get an engine from flywheel kw's to rear wheel kw's then its a POS design/engine.Lets say for arguments sake the sidi makes 160rwkw,hows 40rwkw not going to be acheivable with time under its sleeve.Food for thought...........

On FordForums their is a fella with a 6spd manual conversion BF pulling mid 190's,probably make 200rwkw somewhere else...Runs a 13.8 ET N/A with traction issues in the 60ft.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats fairly decent out of the ford. I haven't driven an FG, but I have driven a BF and the NA 6 wasn't really that inspiring. I wonder how dificult it was.

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
YouTube - BA XT 6 with 3.9 diff 0-100

The 1st gear ratio in the BTR4 spedd is very tall,look how long 1st revs out for.This is why in std form with 91oct they are a little doughy off the line so to speak even with good amounts of torque.

A simple aid in getting it off the line quicker be it a stall or diff gears really wakes them up.Id say this one would give most stock VT/VX LS1's/SIDI's a go up to 100.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWzkYimVO_U
^^^^Stock SIDI with rear mufflers done 0-100.Once the torque is addressed a little it will go better.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
The diff gearing is the trade of though I guess. Considering an LSx would do a very similar job with 3.07:1.

I wonder if you run a similar gear ratio with an LSx powered car what the difference would be.
(Not even going to bother with the Alloytech, its got nothing on the Bara.)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
How is CSP trolling here?
You're the one trolling with your bible of misinformation. Having an opposing opinion doesn't constitute trolling.

Wogboy is also correct, V8's cost very little more to fill up, and the insurance is almost the same for either car ($660 per anum for my SS)
Being on you p-plates isn't an excuse either, because any modification is just as illegal as driving a V8, I can't see the logic.

All I see is thousands of dollars being spent to achieve something less then what bog stock standard LS1 can do...

Insurance, fuel, rego, and maintenance costs etc all adds up. Specially for someone under 25.

You don't know much about p plate laws do you? I've never been on red p plates... allowed all the mods I want as long as it doesn't break power/weight in which it doesn't.
No misinformation, just what I've seen. You and CSP troll alot, always turn it into a "buy a V8" thread. No on cares. (I wouldn't buy a holden V8 anyway, too sloowwwww) :D
My cars amazing on fuel, nice to drive, not too expensive to maintain and quite reliable.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I honestly think the SIDI's will pull 200rwkw once R&D is there.

Very acheivable for both camps. Unfortunetly the tuning (VCM) has been holding back alloytec development for way too long.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
IMO if you cant get an engine from flywheel kw's to rear wheel kw's then its a POS design/engine.Lets say for arguments sake the sidi makes 160rwkw,hows 40rwkw not going to be acheivable with time under its sleeve.

Yeah I was hoping I was being conservative that way if developed more RWKW then it would be a greater surprise :)