Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
If I did it myself it would still be cheaper then servicing a V8,

I supply parts and do some of it on my own, but I need a stamp for warranty. So your point is "moot".
V8's have alot more torque, hence rears wear out faster. I got over 45k on my potenza's.

If I drive nicely I can get down to 6-7l easily, Berwick to bendigo and back I averaged 6.2l/100km calculated at the bowser (fuel reading was showing about the same).

V8's cost more money, why are you arguing this?? LOL

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
V8's have allot more torque so therefor wear out tyres faster?
WTF?

Do you realise how stupid that sounds?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Soop, are you all there??

Talk to any high HP car owner. They all complain about excessive tyre wear associated with having a high HP motor. Unless of course you drive around like a granny LOL

Anyway, V6 tuning. You have anything to add? or you just gonna try arguing that V8's are cheaper to maintain then V6's? :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not talking about HP hero's.
A mild V8 isn't going to use tyres any worse the a V6. Unless you drive like a dick.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
If your not driving hard. Or like a Dick y bother with the v8 over the 6 then?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Soop, are you all there??

Talk to any high HP car owner. They all complain about excessive tyre wear associated with having a high HP motor. Unless of course you drive around like a granny LOL

Anyway, V6 tuning. You have anything to add? or you just gonna try arguing that V8's are cheaper to maintain then V6's? :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Hmm, 250rwkw VN SS, no issues with tyres wearing faster...340rwkw VT SS, 250rwkw Senator, no issues with tyres wearing faster. 1and####all kw XR6 Sedan...tyre wear at same rate.

Driving around normally.

So there you go, here is one high HP car owner who thinks your point is utter crap.

Seriously, what a stupid post to make.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
it seems to be that us V6 Owners cannot post anything regarding 6 cylinders..... it always turns out to be destroyed by losers who think their job is to inform everyone how good their V8 is over a V6......

if this thread was about owning a V8 over a V6 then there would be a thread for it......... so go post your useless info somewhere else... it aint helping this guy with his original purpose for posting this thread.

I was actually following this thread for a bit but now its just turned to same argument in all the other V6 Threads......

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
There's one particular member that continually dribbles utter ****.

There is heaps of thing you can do that are worth while on the Alloytec.
It's only expensive when what you gain is bugger all. Tuning a car with a fancy pipe on the TB is one of them. Especially when that pipe doesn't really vary much from the standard item.
This is where I say its a waste of time. There is absolutely no point doing any of these tiny little things that cost a few hundred dollars and gain 2-3kw each.

If you're serious about getting some power down, look at forced induction or some serious improvements on the VE side of things. Otherwise you're feeding yourself sugar tablets.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
There's one particular member that continually dribbles utter ****.

There is heaps of thing you can do that are worth while on the Alloytec.
It's only expensive when what you gain is bugger all. Tuning a car with a fancy pipe on the TB is one of them. Especially when that pipe doesn't really vary much from the standard item.
This is where I say its a waste of time. There is absolutely no point doing any of these tiny little things that cost a few hundred dollars and gain 2-3kw each.

If you're serious about getting some power down, look at forced induction or some serious improvements on the VE side of things. Otherwise you're feeding yourself sugar tablets.

Well said ...............I've only gotta six - bog stock .....dont trust my wife with anything else , as it is she aint got no points left an starting to eat into mine . Ive gotta V8 LH torana for my fun an she aint allowed near that .