Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
A tune is well worth the money, some things arnt about a dyno run 'kw' number. If you just want your car to run better overall and pickup more torque etc in various ranges a tune will heap that heaps.

Depending on your model will depend who can tune it. I've heard some tuners can tune it via HP Tuners, others use EFI Live depending on your cars computer. I know EFI Live now supports SIDI as well so.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
A tune is well worth the money, some things arnt about a dyno run 'kw' number. If you just want your car to run better overall and pickup more torque etc in various ranges a tune will heap that heaps.

Depending on your model will depend who can tune it. I've heard some tuners can tune it via HP Tuners, others use EFI Live depending on your cars computer. I know EFI Live now supports SIDI as well so.

I agree with you in principle.
But if you're looking at the better part of $1000, it doesn't scream value for what you get over standard. ($1000 being the average for a custom dyno tune.)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I've had the last couple of days to put some K's on the SIDI since my diff change....and I gotta say I spent a lot of money on that and gained no Killowatts but have really improved the drive...it's a cracker. Now if I can add a further 30-40kw at the flywheel with a tune, CAI and some headers then I have a V6 with nearly the same KW as a stock LS1 hooked up through a 6 speed box and 3.7 diff. I reckon that will be pretty sweet and am looking forward to spending my money :)

Last edited:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
The diff gears are a great idea, never going to argue that mate. I don't know how much you spent to do it, but it is something that can be done fairly cheap and is value for money.
Don't count of getting 40fwKW from a tune.
It might be possible with a fair whack of work though. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss that further without argumentative stuff coming into the equation.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Nah expecting 10-15 with tune, 10-15 with CAI and around 10 with extractors....that is my hope anyway. That is why I said I'm hoping for 180ish at the rears so as not to get hopes up to much :) Only 3 more weeks and I'll have a dyno sheet to pop up so will see.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Make sure you get before and after graphs on the same dyno. Otherwise the graph isn't worth the paper its written on.

I think you're being a little ambitious with your hopes there, nothing wrong with that I guess.
I think the reality will be maybe 5kw with the CAI.
Not sure on the extractors though, depends on the rest of the system I guess.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah hopefully Dale at Che will do before and afters but from the research I've done it all looks about right and fairly well adds up with what the Camaro is putting out even on the happy US dynos.

CAI - Check out Feb car of the Month with 16RWKW gain Car Of The Month - Townsville Dyno and Tuning, Aitkenvale Auto and Dyno : turbo charging, super charging, engine tuning
Tune - As per Dale 20RWHP or 14RWKW and
Headers - 18RWHP or 13RWKW YouTube - 2010 camaro RS V6 GAINS 33HP with BBK full length headers on dyno

NB Like the across the board torque gain on this Dyno Chart for the Headers

Last edited:

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
What sort of exhaust manifolds are you going to be using and do you understand the application and benefits of the different types of manifold?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

Finally some real discussion instead of the normal f**w!ts that turn these threads into pointless w@nking competitions.

Pretty sure Mace use EFI hence the support for all alloytecs.

Last edited: