Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Late model SV6 Tuning

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
In my opinion Jarp, if these are making on average 160rwkw. You'd need CAI, headers, cats and when Phil gets the CPR6 working on the DI cars, all that and a tune should see it over the line pretty easily. A few modifications to the exhaust as well. They seem like a good engine and take mods extremely well.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Jarp, forgot to mention Mace Spacers do suit SIDI models. Found out a few days ago off their FB page. So definetly get a set, pretty good bang for buck.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
What do spacers do and how much do they cost?

Edit: Ahh OK worked it out cooler air intake with smallish gains. Will think about this one later. Thanks for the heads up :) As far as the mods go Kuzman will just have to see how it goes in a few weeks but I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
They fit between your upper manifold and lower manifold. Runner length is increased so gives your car more torque downlow. They quote 10% increase. Also, your upper manifold will stay cooler for longer as the manifold is further away from the engine and made from a better heat resistance material. Have more benefit in hotter conditions, mine used to be abit of a slug in anything over 30 C . Probably will increase engine life too (if you have it for that long) For $130 damn worth it.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
The spacers are worth it.
The heat resistance is a by product of the material used to make them. The real benefits are in the extra runner length and the ability for the air to circulate in the manifold better.

Finally some real discussion instead of the normal f**w!ts that turn these threads into pointless w@nking competitions.

Pretty sure Mace use EFI hence the support for all alloytecs.

How was that "real" discussion?
it was an open ended opinion that just happened to suit your agenda.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah...will think about those later as they look like I might be able to do myself maybe and not to costly. Just want to get this round of expensive stuff done first without my wife roasting my nuts for spending all the cash :)

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Because it was on topic LOL

Yeah doesn't matter in what order you do any of these in Jarp. I'd personally do CAI and headers first before fiddling with your manifold/engine.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Do the manifold before the tune though. It changes the way the fuel is atomised.

Frankly, I would do the manifold spacers before the CAI.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Do the manifold before the tune though. It changes the way the fuel is atomised.

Frankly, I would do the manifold spacers before the CAI.

CAI been done for months. The DI is a little different as fuel/air not premixed in the manifold because fuel is put directly into the combustion chamber in liquid form. So spacers may act as a cooling mechanism for the SIDI but possibly not much extra gain if CAI already applied. As far as increased runner lenghth goes I already have a car with a low torque peak so will check with my tuner on this.

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
low peak torque?? 2900rpm is definetly not low. It's actually higher then the non SIDI at 2600rpm.