Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LAUNCH !! Question.

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
Ok. Vy V6 Auto ute.
When I rapidly accelerate from standing start within first 2 metres it thuds like I've just ran over a big ass kerb. Its like it loads up and BAM !! REAL hard . Any theories on diff fail components? Rule out transmission as just replaced it myself as well, as eng/trans mounts and centre tail shaft bearing. These too I have replaced. All recently. It has always done this previously to replacing parts listed . Hence diff finger pointing. Thanks

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
get someone to look at engine and underneath or a camera underneath the vehicle, foot on brake, put in drive and floor it, see what moves excessively. then try reverse.

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
get someone to look at engine and underneath or a camera underneath the vehicle, foot on brake, put in drive and floor it, see what moves excessively. then try reverse.
Done that (minus camera). Vehicle must be in motion to thud. Thanks anyway. .(go pro may an idea tho !)

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Last time my car went thud I thought I ran over someone it turned out to be a backfire while doing 100, blew my air box apart.
May be worth checking the codes could be the transmission communication issue. If it was the diff the noise be herd in the rear end.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Rear suspension bushes? Axle C.V's?

Or...
file.php

turbovich

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
And if their is play, I don't inspect them ? What am I looking for upon inspection? Would this cause this issue.? I doubt whether splines slippage would cause this. Thankyou everyone, I'll work this one out myself

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
C.V's wear out by creating a groove where the roller moves over continuously, you hear it on fwd cars when they turn the front wheels and the rollers come out of the worn spot and you hear the clicking noise.

Personally, I think its probably a Bush problem somewhere in rear somewhere.