Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Laws on back window

R

russface

i did a serch on this (took me ages to find the serch button) and i still cant find annything.

does annyone know the law on having box'ed speakers on the parcil shelf... i mean like how much window is needed to eb vissable and well it is a parcil shelf...

annyways i know people have massive "jet pilot" stickers and the likes, so annyone know the rules to the amount of vissabilitiy on the back window.

hope i posted this in the right section.
thanks

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
might depend what state you are in .... remember when wagons and panel vans had curtains across the back window .... I'm sure if you have got 2 side mirrors ... driver and pasenger side ... you dont need the central rear vision in use .... remember the old 1970 something Ford Falcon 2 door Hardtop... I doubt if anyone could ever see out of that back window .... I might be getting off the track here ... but I would think its okay to put whooping big speaker on the parcel shelf as long as they are bolted or screwed down and dont fly around in any accidents...

R

russface

i think you may be right, thanks for the reply, it wont block my veiw entirely, i shall still be able to use rear veiw.

u just reminded me when speaking of the old station wagons about trucks and cars with trailors, so im gonna go ahead and geuss im fine

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
far as i know it has to be 80% clear here in vic so basicly as long as the middles clear top and bottom 10% can be full of what ever you want or you need a see through sticker (not that this is about stickers really but when you think about it you cut of about 1o5 vis with a spoiler so why should it vary from inside to out also maybe ask this in the ask the copper section of this forum might give you a more clear insight

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
My car has two massive headrests that would be worse than any speaker boxes you could put up there, but mine came like that :)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ive never had any problems, from the drivers seat i have a slither of view between the dirty big sticker and the boot wing. you get really good at using side mirrors in that case.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Depending on the officer, in victoria you can be pinged for lack of vision.

On the speaker box thing, why not just have them mounted normally? In an accident a wooden box could decapitate yourself, or your passengers if it flys loose.