Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[ACT] laws on p plates

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
i am confused with the p Plate laws? in canberra Pplaters are alowed to drive any street legal car including v8's and forced induction
but in nsw and other states it is differant
so say i got a turbo and drove to NSW on my p's would i get in ****?
i hope not becuase thats pretty fu*king retarted
cheers

blcarter81

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE CALAIS
canberra Pplaters have no restrictions on their car. And as far as i know, as long as you have an ACT licence, even when driving in NSW you cant get in trouble, as your car is legal in canberra - where your licence is from

DARK SIDE

I’ll Fry Your Ricer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 HSV V2 GTS Coupe
I did a lot of ringing around with this one. Im from sa and wanted to drive to vic on my p's with the caprice. basically over here the coppers were saying yea its fine you have an sa license all good. but the vic coppers were saying nah as soon as you cross that border your license conditions turn into ours. I ended up not going because my insurance company said that I wouldn't be covered (if something happen) because legally once you enter the other state/territory you must abide by their license conditions.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
hmmm p plate laws are crap, the fedral government should just make universal laws so there is not so much f**ing about.

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Hey mate,
I drive my VU SS in NSW every single day and Im an ACT P plater, even got pulled over the other week in nsw and the cop had no issues at all, even with me not displaying p's (done p off course), I'd say they are pretty use to it now.

Same applies with speed limits, you can do full speed limit in NSW on ACT P plates even though NSW provisional licence holders have restrictions.

you will be fine mate

Agree though, they need a national system, its a real pain with mods and licencing confusion

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yeah you will be right mate. I remember on my Ls driving too sydney from canberra, got pulled over for doing 110 when on your Ls your only meant to do 80 or 90 or something? But since i had act license it was all good

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers for all the help guys. yeh i have heard some stories who they got in **** blah blah but i think there justing wanting attention haha yeh they do need a nation wide law but not till im off my p's :p this is probly the only good thing about living in the act
cheers

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
ACT is slack as, NSW are cnuts :) But yeah as far as I know, you can drive whatever, wherever, if you have an ACT licence.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
what about learners dont they have to stick to 80 in NSW but can do whatever the posted speed is in ACT? thats fcuked and has anyone ever just gone say 110 on a highway in NSW got pulled over and showed an act lisence and got away with it? loland what would happen if they got caught without a supervisor?
cheers

Last edited:

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Im an ACT learner.. Yeah we can go the posted speed while travelling in the ACT, but while inside NSW cant go over 80.. Sucks.