Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LCD Bleeding

boobotam

Reaction score
Hi all,

I tried the search but it brings up pages and pages, I could not find the answer sorry.

My LCD screens in a recently purchased VS Statesman have the bleeding, most numbers not working, my question is can these be repaired? or do I have to purchase a dash cluster?

Thanks in advance Matt

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I think they can be repaired, but off the top of my head cheaper to get a new cluster.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Most often broken mount screws letting the LCD's lose contact - missing numbers

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Arldite has given me the best outcome so far. You just need to have all the small bits to put back into place. Use small amouts of glue and build up in 2 applications. Also use a small bit of sticky tape accros the front of the mount hole to keep the mount face flat. You will need to mount the PCB against this and will need to remain flat. Trim any excess glue while still soft so the LCD difussers still fit in.

Sounds fiddly but if you do small amounts of glue and paper clips to move it around until it sets, you can fix the trip computer.

duran2721

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 ute/vt gen3
i have a vs clubsport and i can only read some of the numbers for kilomerters the two first numbers are missing
and help on a fix

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
i have a vs clubsport and i can only read some of the numbers for kilomerters the two first numbers are missing
and help on a fix

Most likely you will need to replace the right side LCD with a known working unit. Often it's best to just change the whole trip computer unit over with a tested working unit. As The plastic fascia often crumbles when re assembly takes place. = broken ODO.