Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lcd Screens Vt - Vx - Wh

L

lachlanmac23

Anyone put LCD Screens on there VT VX or WH

I'm wanting to mount one in the dash where the ash tray goes, can anyone recommend a good one that fits in this area??

holdenlover

Reaction score
haven't done it, but love too
I want photos when your done!!

L

lachlanmac23

This is what I have found out so far :

Holden Sell a mounting bracket for a 5.8inch screen. This is used to mount the Sat Nav screen where the ash tray goes and to make it all look smick and fit nicely in the dash. it Costs $40 for the Bracket.

The Bracket is designed to fit the VDO 5.8 screen (costs a packet) I'm currently investigating cheaper options, ie ebay.com.au have car LCD screens for around $150 - $300

Will let you know how I go

dunny

Reaction score
I have a VDO unit mounted in this area of my VX SS. As mentioned in prev post the unit is expensive though. I picked up the complete nav system for $300 not working. Being an auto elec I sent it to a contact at VDO and was fixed for $80. Was extremly happy. They retail for $3400.

I bought the surround from Holden only to find that it fitted the screen exactly but not the dash. Spoke to the Auto Elec at suttons and the surround is a VY part and was only released for the VY.

The VX did come out as an option with sat nav but the surround was made by HBD (Holden By Design) at the time and is no longer available. I spent months looking and finally found one. It fits, bit roughly though, as is made from fibreglass, not plastic, and does not look anywhere near as good as the VY surround. My centre console is gold colour and surround is grey so I need to get it painted.

I would assume that most screens around the same size as the VDO unit will fit. It's just a matter of either having the gaps around it or getting a custom made surround for it.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
We have a Clarion in dash tv installed in our VT Calais, its prob not mounted where u are thinkin of mounting yours but worth a look anyway.

post-18-1089691081.jpg

Drew

retro-tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
1963 EJ Special Wagon
Were these satnav display trims spec'd in the statesman as well?

im considering this option for mounting a 5.8" LCD.

Does anyone know for sure if they are still available?

CHeers
Drew

Drew

retro-tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
1963 EJ Special Wagon
I just went to see Metro Holden at Thebarton in Adelaide.

They quoted me on a HSV part to suit a WH Statesman.
part number - B08-991303
retail - $200.53

for a piece of plastic.... no thanks.

Does this sound right to you guys?