Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lead Replacement Question.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Lead Replacement Questions.

Hey All

I have 2 questiosn about using lead replacement lube fo fuel, # 1i use the nylon stuff and its great, but is there a point where u can only put so much in a with the amount of fuel in the tank?

I sort the amount out easy witthe bigger bottles by the cap, but with the squeeze mini bottles sometimes its to much :p

2# the mini bottles treats 50 liter or so, if i planned to travel over 400 - 600k, would it be best to use 2 mini bottles per a tank instead of one? <-- thinking about engine heat with this question plus time it takes to travel and if the car gets stop time "refuel or 20min break" or not.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I think you mean Nulon? Not Nylon? :)

There would be no benefit in adding more. It would be just burning money. Just follow the recommended and you shouldn't have any problem.

The whole purpose is obviously so your valves don't burn out as the stuff acts like old Super and lubes your valves and seats. Without it, after a long time, well it depends, it wouldn't root your engine in the short term but your valves would slowly burn out after an extended period without adding it.

Have you considered maybe getting a reco head and a nice cam? Your motor would be improved heaps more and you could run unleaded fuel fine. As for the additive, look at buying big bottles instead of small ones. Surely the savings would show down the track.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Thanks mate :)

As for engine parts, savin up for next year :) OTHER car stuff first :D

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I should also add. You said you were worried about the heat and you were thinking about adding extra. As far as car motors are concerned, they always run better when warm-hot. If you know what it runs like on a cold morning, the difference when it's warm is a lot.