Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leakages

currysauce

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Hi,

First time posting here, and i'm pretty much a pretty clueless when it comes to car problems.

Lately i've been noticing that water has been leaking from underneath the console near where my left leg would rest when driving. It seems to come out when I turn (hard) to the left. The water is cold.

Also I have also noticed that when the air conditioner is on cold that u could see condensation coming out with the air... needless to say I know that somethign is wrong and until i can be stimulated by Mr Rudd I had to get someone with more knowledge to bypass the heater for now. The condensation has stopped but the water leakage is still there...

I've been told my heater box is the culprit and this is quite expensive... just wanted to get your opinions if this is true and what is the damage usually in fixing this.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Could be your heater core, does it happen when your A/C is on my old Calais did this because the drain plug was blocked and the condensation was building up in the drain tray til you turned a corner and it would pour over your leg (just un block your drain plug it goes out under your floor) if it's your heater core i would say it would be hot water!
If you want to block it of the two smaller hoses going through your fire wall need to bo disconnected and re-routed to skip the heater core.