Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leaking after turning off engine

Mustard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX ii Executive
Hi all,

Every time I turn off the engine after a drive there is a leak at the rear of the engine, passenger side. It drips like crazy and can leak up to an A4 paper size before it stops, seems to not be oil, its a clear liquid. Im thinking either coolant or water condensation as I have the air-con cranking.

Anyone have any ideas? Its a 2002 Executive VX ii FYI and yes, I know nothing about cars ;)

Cheers

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
probably condensate water from the aircon? Does it leave a stain on the concrete if no definitely water from the ac

Mustard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX ii Executive
It does leave a stain, coolant seems to be ok, could it be power steering liquid?

Mustard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX ii Executive
Coolant is clear pinkish colour and power steering liquid is a darker orange/green colour. I might need to do some testing here, go for a drive tomorrow and see if I can match the liquid when it comes dripping down after I turn off the engine.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Coolant is clear pinkish colour and power steering liquid is a darker orange/green colour. I might need to do some testing here, go for a drive tomorrow and see if I can match the liquid when it comes dripping down after I turn off the engine.
You may have some problems, going by this post?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I don't know what's going on with your fluids.
Coolants can be red or green. V6 usually green, LS1 V8 have red. There are other colours but basically red or green for Holden
I know of no other colour than red for power steering fluid.

Mustard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX ii Executive
I just went out and popped the lid and opened both caps, they are the colours I saw. Might take it to the mechanic.