Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

leaking blow off valves?

vnss_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
hey guys,
i just installed a crs sc14 charger kit to my ecotec along with front mount cooler. i put the afm and temp sensor just before the throttle body in the intercooler pipping and twin bosch blow off valves, one on each side of the cooler.
im still only running the std clutched 4 psi pulley.

my problem is i can here boost venting out the blow offs. i hooked up boost gauge and i am barely seeing 1 psi. when i give it a rev can feel all the boost just pour out both blow off valves.

anyone had this before? any info would be great, once this sorted i can get a smaller pulley and a tune.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
where did you put the vacum hoses for the BOV's into the inlet manifold

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
A bov for 4 psi isn't needed but two no way, take one off and get one decent one mate, I ran 18 psi threw my et pulsar and didn't need 2 bovs I know guys running 30+ psi with one, just curious why did u run 2

vnss_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
vacume lines are coming from small line off back of plenum.

im running two bosch valves as mine been supercharged not turbo, and through the research i have done through this forum and other sources msny people recommend running one on each side of the cooler

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
did you dissconnect the breather hose off the throttlebody so its not just pumping boost into the sump

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Can i just say that you would barely be making 1psi boost with an intercooler and standard pulley.

You barely see 3psi when you dont have a cooler.

By adding a cooler you will lose boost.

Need to use a smaller pulley.

Oh and piss those Bosch BOV's off FFS lol. Worst things in the world. Been there, done that. They leak.

Go and buy a dual port Turbosmart with atmo port and plumback port. You can block off the atmo port and plumb the whole thing if you like but you have to plumb back some of it for the MAF sensor.

I was running 11psi with my CRS blower and turbosmart with no probs. Other than the blower being as hot as a japanese nuclear powerstation.