Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leaking fuel tank

hiy_po

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
My fuel tank is pissing fuel from where my return line plugs in, Need a new fuel tank. Anyone around Perth wrecking a VK EFI or I think VL (not V8 carb) or any sedan fuel tank that will fit?? Anyone know what fuel tanks will fit eg will a VP sedan tank fit? what other options?

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
a vp,vr,vs sedan fuel tank should fit depending on how they have had it bolted up but as far as i know u should be able to fit one in there buddy

have you checked the plugs ? maybe it has a hole in it somewhere.

hiy_po

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
Thanks seems there are alot more wrecks around for the later models. Not sure were the exact leak is. seems to be coming from the solder/weld around the return pipe kind of like the medium used to seal were the return pipe meets the tank has come unstuck from the tank. Just another pain in the butt to fix.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
haha paint in the but is correct lol... try changing the tank and grabbing the fuel lines while your there! ...

do you know anyone thats selling a 202 motor for my vh if so that would be great ! ?

hiy_po

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
No not atm they seem to be a bit thin. My mate had one that was 0.040 over but needed a block 0.030 to get bored to 0.040 to suit some forged pistons he had. Took 3 months to find one. And he had to swap his 0.040 for it coz the other bloke was boring to 0.060 so he didnt need the 0.030 block and swapped it. I will send out a PM to you if I come across one while looking for my tank.
Just noticed you are in Noble Park I think that is Vic I am in WA so may be a bit far to pickup.

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
yeah, but try and see if u can find one somewhere down my end only if u can tho ! Thanksbuddy

vk_pauly

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden Commodore vh
hahaha thats what happens when ya half asleep, lol

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
a vp,vr,vs sedan fuel tank should fit depending on how they have had it bolted up but as far as i know u should be able to fit one in there buddy

you sure? the VK filler neck is solid/fitted permanantly. i think everything after VN have a different filler. im pretty sure you wont fit a later tank without some modification, then OP may as well just repair the tank he has got.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Is it leaking all the time or only for a while when you fill it up?