Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leaking Power Steering Pump

scatterybrane_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hi guys,

My VR V6 have a leaking power steering pump as told by mechanic. Do you guys know if it could b changed without going to workshop. Any suggestions would b appreciated. Thanks

tully2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Wagon Manual
Do you want to replace the pump or fix the leak?

Fenners

Fenners
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina Wagon
I have the same problem with my VS, there is power steering fluid everywhere in my girlfriends driveway :bop:. I cannot find the leak, but Im pretty sure its the pump of which I just replaced a month or two ago. My mates VR does it too.

But yes you can fix it, change the pump. Unless you know where the leak is.

tully2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Wagon Manual
There are a number of places the pump can leak from. First, there is a small "O" ring that seal the reservoir to the pump, if you have fluid coming from between them it could be that. At the rear of the pump is a large end plate held in by a snap ring and a large "O" ring behind that, this also can leak.
If you give it a good clean and run it you should be able to find out where it's coming from.

The easy way out would be to replace it, but make it's the pump that's leak and not the hoses or the rack!