Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

leaking rear suspension.. VT

danx

Reaction score
hey guys
just need some help with a leaky rear suspension..
the guys at ultra tune said they need to be fixed coz they are leaking but the guys at holden said they are naturally oily.. not overly oily, just a little..

anyone got any views on this..
Thanks

Dan

craig_stato

HCC member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5 litre statesman
mate i think they just need your business, they said the same to me, along with a list of other probs.
i took it to another mechanic for second opinion, and half the crap that was on that list was bullshit.he said exactly the same as what you said, theyre meant to be oily, my opinion from now on, avoid ultra tune.

danx

Reaction score
i figured they were money hungry..

$300 for a radiator flush
$630 to fix oil leak in boots of the power steering rack
$300 for the rear suspension..

now i gotta take a day off work to take the car to holden to get them to go over it..

i have had the car for 7 weeks.. these problems seem like bullshit..

i can do the radiator flush myself, no biggy..
but as for the power steering and rear suspension, i hope this is covered by the warranty..

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
danx said:
i figured they were money hungry..

$300 for a radiator flush
$630 to fix oil leak in boots of the power steering rack
$300 for the rear suspension..

now i gotta take a day off work to take the car to holden to get them to go over it..

i have had the car for 7 weeks.. these problems seem like bullshit..

i can do the radiator flush myself, no biggy..
but as for the power steering and rear suspension, i hope this is covered by the warranty..

For $300 you can get an exchange reconditioned radiator. Oil on rear shocks is common, as long as it's not too wet. Minor leaks on boots is again pretty common on VTs. Get more opinions - don't go back there !

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i just took mine down to a radiator shop and they charged me $129 for a complete flush which included radiator, engine and heater core. they put in the holden pellets, change a couple of hose clamps and it needed a new thermostat seal coz they take the thermostat out to do the flush.