Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

leaking water

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
g'day all, theres water leaking on the passenger floor after i use my heater, what is this has anyone had this same problem, maybe a coincidence but when it rains or i was my car it seems to be leaking too any help greatly appreciated

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I replied in your other thread regarding the heater tap

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
yes i have the same problem on my vt, the water leaks in on the front and sometimes back passengers side if i wash the car or it rains alot. i think its comeing in thru the door seals but im not 100% sure. if anyone knows what it could be id love to know to ??

cheers scott

VTCommoDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE
I have this also. What I think is happening is that the door seals on the windows dry and come away, so water gets into the door. I parked my car on different angles and notice it only pooled on the lowest point of the car, and there was always water on the door sill.
The trouble it, there is a small plug with a hole, obviously to drain the water, but it comes out right ON the door sill, which means water can easily get into the car and onto the floor. I am about to drill some small holes along the bottom of the door so that the water drains out onto the chassis and not the door sill.