Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Learners Boat - My First Car :)

Lucaas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Hey guys, couldnt really find anywhere to introduce myself so i thought id just introduce myself here and show my build here as well, so yeah my names Lucas and im only young , 16 to be exact and had my L's for a few months now, but grew up with a family of holden lovers, and am going to start my mechanic apprentiship in a few months once i finish school. So yeah thats a little bout me now onto the car.

Model: VL Executive
Transmission: Manual
Motor: RB30 N/A
Rims: Dunno brother bought a car ages ago and the wheels were on it so we done a swap. ( Brother needed burnout tyres for his ute hahaha )
Colour: EVO 9 Yellow

Well yeah weve had the car in our garage for about a year or more now, we sprayed it ourselves, my brother bought it and the whole time i thought he was gonna use it as a daily or something like that, and last week he threw the keys at me and said it was mine, i couldnt be happier.
Some things already done:
- Full Respray
- Extractors
- Pod Filter
- Manual Conversion
- Calais Dash
- Matte Black Door Handles

some things ive got in mind for it are:

- Full Calais Conversion
- Xenon Headlights ( Got the kit just waiting to install it, probably do it tomorrow )
- Big Turbo Motor, been looking into the RB30/26 Turbo motors, but no rush for that.
- Full LE Bodykit

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 469

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Welcome mate, nice car.

Your in the right place for ideas and help with pretty much anything related to your car.

keep posting progress pics..

Powerpole

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Great car to start with Lucaas. I had a VL turbo for my first car, back in the day (1993).

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
looks nice man. Great start for you as well. there is plenty of info on here about virtually everything to do with the VL. as well as members wanting to lend a hand in knowledge and experience.

how many Kms on the old girl?
and has the rust been sorted or band aided in a sense i hope it was cut and repaired properly

just be sure to do a search on such things b4 posting a new thread. as 99% of things would have been covered.

goodluck with her man ill keep an eye on this 1

Lucaas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
I just looked never looked before, its got 188,xxx kms on the clock, so pritty good for the age, weather thats been changed or not who knows, i had the engine out when i first got it to re paint the engine bay cause it came in a colour the bloke called " Wicked Wild Berry " it was a bright purple and absolutely revolting colour, so we took the motor out then and i did a full service, all belts, water pump, fuel filter, air filter, the whole shibang.

I was just woundering a mate of mine told me if i want a calais, i should just wait till im close to off my p's so like 2 or 3 years, and buy a genuine calais.? what are your thoughts guys ( got about 9 months on my l's i worked it out .)

Also hoping to have this baby registered and good to go in a few weeks

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Sweet ride, your brother must be alright cause thats a few $$$ of car mate, treat her right and she may live on to be passed down to a nephew or son

Lucaas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
photo.jpgSorry, i take that back its only got 88,xxx on the clock!! getting closer to being finished, just chroming this bad boy up ;), then rest of interior and tweaking little things and were on the road :)

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
Hey mate, nice first car,

My first car was a VL aswell, and i had another 6 VL's after that one haha, looks really nice and definitely a good start, your a lucky guy to have a brother like that, id ditch the pod filter though you would be much better off with a KnN panel filter in the standard airbox.