Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leather Interior for Holden S Series 2 VY 2004

james69er

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore s series 2
Hi

Was curious who has replaced the normal s series 2 04 interior with some leather interior? I'm looking to do this, just bought this car recently so still adapting to everything about a commodore

. Looking for a reasonable price, if anyone knows where they sell it for a reasonable price, and wondering how much it cost you for the whole interior + installation. Also living in Sydney.

Thanks...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi James

I replaced the complete interior for my Series 2 Berlina with a Series 2 Calais leather interior, plus the velour dash and console parts, for around 1200 in early 2009. I bought it through e-bay from 4block, who strip Commodores and deal over the internet. They are located in Mt. Gambier, so cartage is around 600 on top of the purchase price. Installation is reasonably straight forward, but you will probably have to get the electrical seat adjustments sorted out. Most leather trims come from Calais, with 8 way power operation for both seats, so there is a fair bit of wiring to do.

As you are in Sydney, you would probably be able to find something locally and save all that cartage cost.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
You can also get those taxi leather seat covers. If you want to got the cheap and nasty way. Not that I would recommend it, but it is an option.

Some VY belinas also came with a leather option, if you can find some seats from a berlina, the electrical side may be easier.

/posted via mobile device\

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
have a look on ebay for 4block.
i check ebay everyday for some bargains.

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
search pro seat too - they're leather re-trims for your seats, they cost about 600-650 and its diy, apparently its pretty simple just time consuming

james69er

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore s series 2
kingston can you give me a link? ive searched for his name in ebay and everything thanks bro..

n thanks every1 else

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS

So - 'Reborn Leather' - highly processed offcuts, it's real leather, like chipboard is real timber. My understanding is it looks the goods, and lasts well, but it does not breathe like 100% leather. On the plus side - reborn leather needs less care and attention.

Still - a pretty good price for what you get, but I'd be interested to know how much for a full set in 100% genuine leather.