Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leather trim repair question

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Hey all,

I'm hoping someone here is a motor trimmer or has some idea of prices.
I'm thinking of getting our VT Calais's leather trim repaired as a suprise b'day pressie for hubby. Basically the drivers seat has had it, the foams deteriorated on the side and theres a hole worn through, the passenger side isn't as bad but still looks crap. The interior in the back is pretty good, just a couple of small scratches on a couple of panels.

What I would love to get for him is HSV coulsen style seats. I'm also getting a couple of headrest monitors, I could probably put them in myself but I'd rather pay a pro.

So if anyone has a rough ballpark figure of how much I should expect it to cost it would be most appreciated. I'd take it to some trimmers to get quotes myself, but at the moment its off road getting engine work, so thats not a possibilty.

Thanx, Julie :thumbsup:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
well from my experience's with retrims its not gonna be cheap, it will have to be rebolstered to give it that extra cushion on the sides and headrest area and see if you can get non genuine leather cos genuine stuff you will pay the earth for. probably looking around $800 at most for both seats if you keep the old centre inserts and only do the bits that are worn out

vr5speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr s1 5 speed
my mate is a trimmer and from seeing the jobs he has done on show cars i would make sure u get real leather and not pleather he has fixed cars done by other ppl with pleather and he doesnt understand y ppl waste there money on cheap stuff it falls apart i hope that helps u out good luck

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I will certainly get real leather, I think it would look shocking to patch it up with vinyl. I'm budgeting on $2k-$3k, hopefully the lower end, the less money I have to hide from him the easier this thing is going to be to pull off lol

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Julie,

Hawkesbury Valley Holden use this trimmer and he is local....

Hawkesbury Auto And Marine Upholstery.....

Ask for Mark

Ph 02 4576 6926 or 0413 011 117

107 Meadows Rd, North Richmond