Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

led brake lights ect

bj51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais v6 series I
like a lot of people on this forum I found led bulbs on ebay and brought me some .
to be clear I understand a bit of the electrics and bulb sizes and types . so I made sure that I got bay15d brake / parker and ba15s indicater and reverse my problem is with the brake / parker bulbs ..
they will not illuminate on parkers but when I press the brake peddle they light up and with the brakes on I turned the parkers on and off and the leds changed from dull to bright the tungsten globes work fine brake and park or combined
I did a bench test and both +ve terminals on the bulbs light up the bulbs
any ideas I am stumped :hmmm:
also do I need to change my flasher unit if I choose to leave the tungstens in the front and sides

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)

bj51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais v6 series I
thanks nut kracker. I got them of ebay from china and I am sure that they were in the right way around tho I did push them in the wrong way and they lit up dull ,
I just noticed I had my own senior moment whilst posting thread I forgot to mention the model of the car its a vt Calais series 1 :)

bj51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais v6 series I
ok seems the first set of leds were faulty and not really bright enuff anyway so I found smd led's in red they have 18 5050 smd led's these work fine but I don't think there is enuff difference between parkers and brake lights tho I have got that deep red look rather than the dull red tungsten gives and the t10 smd 5x 5050 led I put in boot mounted parkers are plenty bright and again the deep red look that I was after next step is the indicators I think I will get the biggest amber smd led's that will fit I've seen upto 68 smd's but they are much smaller than the 5050's hopefully they are plenty bright ...

bj51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais v6 series I
just fitted smd led bulbs in my reverse lights they have 50 small smd led's and are like little spot lights and a clean white light that is rather intense and I did the number plate light as well again a clean bluish white light from t10 5x5050 smd led's my babys back end is looking good

Last edited: