Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Led dash conversion

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
i tried it. bought a bunch of blue LED's from eBay.

Terrible decision. What i would recommend is replacing the current bubs with brighter, white LED's. Much better choice in my opinion. obviously you want something to suit your car so its your choice

not a hard task though

makdaddz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
i tried it. bought a bunch of blue LED's from eBay.

Terrible decision. What i would recommend is replacing the current bubs with brighter, white LED's. Much better choice in my opinion. obviously you want something to suit your car so its your choice

not a hard task though

oh yup, sounds awesome, thats heaps true man, well as you can see my car is tungston so either white or something will go with it haha

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Yeah i replaced my bulbs with blue LED's. Terrible decision. Just going to get some ultra whites and get a custom fascia made

makdaddz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
Yeah i replaced my bulbs with blue LED's. Terrible decision. Just going to get some ultra whites and get a custom fascia made

sounds pretty wicked to me man, think i may go the same way!

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Yeah, 100 bucks and you can choose what you want colour and design wise

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
yeah mate, white always suits and it is alot clearer. Don't think blue/tungsten would go well together

For the installing, have a search around for some guides. they are out there on the interwebs..

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
if ya willing to wait phreddy does an awesome job on full LED conversions m8 for about $3-350 depending on certain things....i had mine done awhile back and came out awesome,put picks up in my ride section will give ya an idea.keep an eye on the ASR audio page for when he is hitting melbourne again i think its soon : )

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
if ya willing to wait phreddy does an awesome job on full LED conversions m8 for about $3-350 depending on certain things....i had mine done awhile back and came out awesome,put picks up in my ride section will give ya an idea.keep an eye on the ASR audio page for when he is hitting melbourne again i think its soon : )

+1 to what Kunu said. I had mine done by Greg aka Phreddy at ASR Audio Welcome to ASR Audio & Electronics Home Page about a year ago now. He actually uses a custom made board to mount the LED's to so there is no hot spots and it looks as if it came that way from factory. It is definitely worth the $$ to get it done by him. I have photo's of it in my ride also, link is in my signature or you can see my photo's on the ASR website listed above.