Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED driving lights

SSVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV UTE
hey guys this might be a silly question but I was just wondering if its possible to leave the LED driving lights on when your headlights are also on?
I've got a VF2 ute

cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Anyone mind if I be pedantic? :)

They're not "driving lights", they're "daytime running lights" ... "driving lights" are the supplementary high-beam ones you used to mostly see on older cars, usually 130W apiece or more. They often look like fog lights, except fog lights tend to be a lower wattage & are usually yellow (although they don't have to be).

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I had 4 of the ####ers strapped across my bench seated, three on the tree XA Falcon ute with a massive solid steal bulbar (and sunroof). I remember driving through the suburbs one night when an oncoming car approached with high beams on. I flashed them with the really bright (not) XA high beams but they did not turn them down so I hit both switches and gave them the full 600w which elicited the desired response. Only to find as they passed that it was the boys in blue....whoops.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
hey guys this might be a silly question but I was just wondering if its possible to leave the LED driving lights on when your headlights are also on?
I've got a VF2 ute

cheers

No offence but how come you want them on when you don't even seem to know what they are for?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ I think the reason they're wanted is pretty obvious ... and it's not like they're hurting anyone, even done "the illegal way" the 20W limit isn't ever going to have any negative affect on anyone.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
^ I think the reason they're wanted is pretty obvious ... and it's not like they're hurting anyone, even done "the illegal way" the 20W limit isn't ever going to have any negative affect on anyone.

If he wants "driving lights" they will be useless.

SSVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV UTE
No offence but how come you want them on when you don't even seem to know what they are for?

just for looks really no other reason. I don't see what purpose they serve during the day at least at night they "could" light up the road a bit better..

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
just for looks really no other reason. I don't see what purpose they serve during the day at least at night they "could" light up the road a bit better..

No worries. Agree on them being pretty much useless during the day although that is what they are supposed to be for. If you want them to be legal just check the latest rules as they vary state to state and seem to be changing with time.