Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED globe upgrading

SSVguy

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
MY11 6L VE series II SSV
So recently i've purchased a few LED globes for my tail/indicators, etc. one problem i had run into (which i'm now just awaiting arrival of parts to rectify) is the hyperflash in the indicators. tail/brake is no issue its just the indicators. the reason for this is because where a normal incandescent globe draws 5W of power the LED globes only draw 1-3W. this causes the computer to think there is a globe out, making the indicator flash like crazy. this is due to the computer recognising usually a certain current going through to the globe. if that current isn't there or is lower, it registers as a fault. older commodores have an easy fix which is to replace the flasher unit in the interior fuse panel. but of course they like to make things difficult from VE onwards - no flasher unit. the flasher control is dictated by the Body Control Module..... making things a right pain in the ass. so to rectify this a load resistor is required to draw the extra power, making the computer recognise the correct 5W output - thus eliminating hyperflash. thought this may be helpful to others.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Any reason you've gone LED for the indicators? I did the same with my old VZ ute and during the day you could hardly see them. If you're just looking to get rid of the 'fried egg' indicator look just get some silver coated bulbs. They look much nicer.