Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

led globes

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
g'day i recently bought led replacement globes for stop/tail reverse and indicators, and the indicators blink a hundred miles an hour, ive tried an electronic flasher and it still blinks too fast, i have to put more load on the globe so im after ideas on how, a wire wound resistor would do but im just after ideas thanks

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
ad45 said:
g'day i recently bought led replacement globes for stop/tail reverse and indicators, and the indicators blink a hundred miles an hour, ive tried an electronic flasher and it still blinks too fast, i have to put more load on the globe so im after ideas on how, a wire wound resistor would do but im just after ideas thanks

Increasing the size of the capacitors will slow down the flashing as it takes the device longer to charge and discharge so it'll slow down the speed of the flash. Without a schematic I cant tell you wich ones to change but simple trial and error will do the trick.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
You can sometimes get them on ebay locally. They replace the standard flasher relay... just unplug old and plug in new. Can be expensive though...

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Can buy flasher unit in Syd or by post from www.lazer.com.au that would suit holden, Dont run load resistors as this defeats the purpose of using Led's.

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
thanks

thanks boys found a narva led flasher at my local town cost 25 bucks for a hella one