Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED light Upgrade

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
“For off road use only”. I saw that on some VF compatible LED headlight packaging the other day in Autobarn.

Must be outside ADR.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
queue haters, i ran those lows in my VE.
they worked pretty well, the heatsinks were painful to get into the headlight housing.
you also need to cut out your dust cap to run wires to the controller.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
queue haters, i ran those lows in my VE.
they worked pretty well, the heatsinks were painful to get into the headlight housing.
you also need to cut out your dust cap to run wires to the controller.
Are you running them now in your VF2?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Are you running them now in your VF2?
no, i dont believe they were canbus and i didnt really like the idea of having to destroy the dust cap again

edit: according to the page they are canbus.

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16
Beware: from my experiences the front parkers require LED's which have decent heatsinks since the heat from the headlights cause the run of the mill Ebay LED bulbs to either fall apart (inside the fitting when the solder holding them together melts) or others to simply die quickly. Members on this site found some local supplied LED bulbs?? that apparently last (I can't find the link). Certainly those already tested would be best to use for the front parkers.

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Beware: from my experiences the front parkers require LED's which have decent heatsinks since the heat from the headlights cause the run of the mill Ebay LED bulbs to either fall apart (inside the fitting when the solder holding them together melts) or others to simply die quickly. Members on this site found some local supplied LED bulbs?? that apparently last (I can't find the link). Certainly those already tested would be best to use for the front parkers.

I run these https://blingworkauto.com.au/product/k04/ and they have been flawless. Been on my car since new (parkers, plate lights, interior, they even make an indicator version for the side) for well over a year and no fault since. My car is a daily as well.