Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Load resistors

dazzar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim s2
Have a problem with cruise control not working after fitting LED stop/tail globes. Need info on what size load resistor to fit to brake light circuit . Can any one shed some light on this.
Cheers Dazza

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
Have a problem with cruise control not working after fitting LED stop/tail globes. Need info on what size load resistor to fit to brake light circuit . Can any one shed some light on this.
Cheers Dazza

I worked it out once using Ohms Law and the Power Laws.

V = I x R and P = V x I

I just cant remember how... :p

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Cheers Dazza

They should have come with the resistor in the packet, if not you can get them from autobarn, etc.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
having the standard load resistor will not simulate a normal 30w globe. you need a few 5w/10w resistors, big ceramic bastards per side. im trying to find the article im pritty sure it was on autospeed but cant seem to find it.

Im guessing you have a spoiler? leds in the spoiler plus leds in the rear, no cruise. If you dont have a spoiler, the other option, is to keep normal globes in the parcel shelf light and leave the rear end led.

EDIT: This is what u'll need (check either link)
http://www.ukclassifieds.co.uk/pair...d_indicator_stop_tail_light_bulbs-o51002.html
http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com/car-lights/Ceramic-loadresistorkit.html
But they will get hot, so either u'll need to cool them with fan or have them mounted on the body of the car (acting as a heatsink)

Last edited:

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
led autolamps supply a load resistor part no lr 12 that you can get from auto barn etc but they must be monted to a metal surface as they can get to 170 deg c. you would be better of sourcing some led globes with resistor internal. jaycar electronics did have them