Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Led low beam conversion

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Sigh, looks like the VF just have crappy designed & outdated headlights and no amount of fancy bulbs is going to help much
Here's the Narva Gen2 LED's high and low beam.
Low beam has a better light spread than Halogens but not much more distance. High beam is significantly better than halogens in light spread with a little more distance. The LED's are better at seeing kangaroo's on the side of an unlit road than halogens.

20211007_214415.jpg

20211007_214405.jpg

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I've got the Narva Gen2 LED in the Magna, can't fault them. Went from chocolate river squinting to a nice bright, long throw. Adjusted perfectly so no one gets blinded. One of the best bits of advice the Internet gave me is to look at the LED structure and see how closely it follows the Halogen counterpart. The Narva was exact so in a parabolic reflector it sent the light in all the right directions. I think this is what dissapoints most people who just buy any old LED off eBay, brighter is not always better. I have projectors and HIDs coming for the SS, can't wait to get those on

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Great find .
But I would rather pay $4.00 each and modify the existing ones as I have already done.
All you need is pvc plumbing type caps , hole saw and silicon.
If for what ever reason you need to refit the existing globes for rwc it still not a problem.
Tell me you are making that up. Please.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
brighter is not always better

yep dont fall for the 100,000 lumen LED marketing.. if all that light doesnt end up where its supposed to, its pointless