Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Led low beam conversion

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I hate it how these threads degenerate into this.
The subject is “led low beam conversion“ and we’ve had 3 pages of discussion already.

I particularly like headlight beam pattern pictures as I find that informative of the quality of the globes.

But answering a question about price between two brands must include some comparison between the products themselves. Stuff like warranty, expected lifespan and ADR/CEC references simply provides a complete answer as compared to saying “nah, pricy”.

I’d have added comparative beam pattern pics if I had them ;)

It’s also not off topic to discuss such issues about the roadworthiness of such LED/HID mods as some members who read this thread may simply not be aware of this aspect. Denying them such knowledge is denying them the choice to do or not do the mod based on their risk taking profile which may be different to yours.

So I’m not sure what you hate and why you think having such a discussion degenerates the purity of the thread. Or is it that challenging Holden‘s design is the thing that’s not on in this just commodores forum :eek:

Preferring such roadworthy issues are never discussed, so members aren’t informed seems somewhat short sighted... not been able to cope with Holdens design shortcomings is fanboy syndrome... An optometrist can solve the first issue but fanboys are beyond redemption :eek: (joking just to be clear):p

Regardless, the roadworthy/insurance angle was a convenient way to sneak in a link to $4M car crash... you do like to read about $4M car crashes don’t you :cool: If not whats wrong with you :eek: (again joking):p

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
My nighteye H9 LEDs arrived today, just in time for my road trip in 3 weeks time.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
My nighteye H9 LEDs arrived today, just in time for my road trip in 3 weeks time.
If you can, please take a picture at night, of your low beam halogens shining against a wall with the car some 2 to 3 car lengths from it, then repeat the process (same place, same distance from the wall) when you’ve installed the LED globes.

We can never have enough before and after pictures ;)

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
If you can, please take a picture at night, of your low beam halogens shining against a wall with the car some 2 to 3 car lengths from it, then repeat the process (same place, same distance from the wall) when you’ve installed the LED globes.

He bought H9 LEDs - I guess they go into the high beam units.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Anyone here running nighteye LED low beams?

I went out for a drive to Helensburgh/ Stanwell Tops area with a few friends. One of them reported that his 2016 SSV Redline popped a low beam error on the driver’s MID after running them for around an hour and half. He recently switched to H7 Nighteye LEDs. The error seems to go away after a “cooling off period”. Any idea what’s going on?

I am actively considering a switch to these LEDs. For less than half the price of premium/ special halogens, there is a marked improvement in the overall light output.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Anyone here running nighteye LED low beams?

I ran them for over a year in my ssv in both hi and low and never had an issue with them.
I run the same h7 low set in my zb now and they are still going good.

If you do get errors with any hid or led kit just use these to solve the issue

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES

sorry no before/after pics as I installed them during the day, but the new high beams was a decent improvement over the stock H9 halogens...

goony

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais v V6 wagon
Hi,

On VF s1 I’ve had night eyes in lows for a few months and high beams for a short while now. Both ebayed.

Lows give random spontaneous ‘check left (& right) dipped lamp’ messages, through the dash but the improvement is worth it. Haven’t bothered with the fix yet. The noise of cooling fans esp at idle is more of a pain tho. Light pattern sharp & doesn’t seem to throw into oncoming traffic. Wish I’d taken pics before & after.

I haven't run highs much yet at all but there’s a crapload more light output. Have the feeling they’ll be annoying with the bullshite amount of highway signage these days & light spread, No faults yet.

Also run leds in parkers & wing mirrors No issues with canbus on these.

waiting on reverse leds to arrive & still looking for H10 fogs and I’ll be done.

so far so good with cheaper end lamps, time will tell...

Cheers for info & links on this thread everyone. JD.